Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Recommend The Most

Posted by Sandra on Tuesday, March 26, 2013. Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


I just found out about "Top Ten Tuesday" hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This consists on posting your top ten books about a weekly topic. It is super fun, because you get to share many books with your readers and connect with new people. So I'll start this time with the following topic:

Top Ten  Books I Recommend The Most

It's always hard to pick books to recommend, at least for me, because I always try to recommend them based on the things that people like, but I will try my best with my list. 

Ps. They're not in particularly order.

1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: I'm sure this is a highly recommended book, but I had to put it in this list because it made me feel so many different things at the same time, and it moved me. I'm a big fan of John Green's book, and this one wasn't the exception. Smart, funny, entertaining, sweet and heartbreaking. This book is a must read.

2. Pride and Prejudiceby Jane Austen: It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a person who enjoys reading, must be in want to read this book. This is my favorite book ever. Jane Austen was a fantastic writer, so inspiring and so clever. There's not much I can say about this, just read it. It's fascinating and the characters are amazingly real. Plus, you'll fall in love with Mr. Darcy.

3. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins: This book falls into the paranormal category, it was written by the lovely Wendy Higgins. The plot is very original and creative, I'm sure that all paranormal/romance fans out there will love this one. Sexy, clever, heart-stopping and with swoon worthy characters, I really recommend this book. The sequel is coming out in April, so it's a good time to get your hands on it if you haven't already.

4. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: Duh. It amazes me the amount of people who still haven't read Harry Potter. This books are my all time favorites. J.K. Rowling gave us readers a magical world, full of mystery, sacrifice, love, friendship, darkness and fantasy that will always be remembered. This books changed my life and if you haven't read it, I'm sure they'll change yours too.

5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: This is another amazing book. It also shocks me how many people haven't even heard of it. This read about human behavior will move you like no other story. It deals with so many social issues and it makes you think. Plus, Atticus Finch is one of the best characters I've read about, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky:  I read this almost 8 years ago and it was life changing. I highly recommend this to everyone, it's probably one of the books I recommend the most. This one is definitely a must read, and it saddens me to hear people saying "I watched the movie... No need to read the book" Seriously, if you have watched the movie you have to read the book, it will blow your mind.

7. Starters by Lissa Price: This is one of my favorite dystopian books. This book is smart. Fun, romantic without being cheesy, and with an amazing female lead character. Price took us readers to a horrifying future, and actually one of the most probable I've read. It gave me goosebumps just to read about it. If you're into good YA dystopia, this one's for you.

8. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath: This is one hell of a book. It's very simple yet so complex, and it's highly entertaining. Plath's writing is poetic, fun and ironic. Some people say that this is not a book for everybody, but I'm telling you otherwise, this book will make you question yourself and the way you see things. I adore this book, I hope that if you read, you will too.

9. The William S Club by Riley Banks: I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway and I'm really happy I did. This is a thrilling story, with mysterious, sexy and great characters that will keep you on the edge of your couch/bed/place where you usually read. It contains explicit sexual situations, but it never ceases to amuse you. Addicting, sexy, romantic and fun. 

10. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella: This is pure chick lit and I love it. This is an easy, fast read that will make you laugh and sigh. It's hilarity will make your stomach hurt. Romantic and also enlightening, this one is perfect for a rainy day, laying in bed with a cup of tea. I always recommend this book to people who are not into classics nor supernatural stuff.


No Responses to Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Recommend The Most

Leave a Reply

HOLA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...