Thoughts about "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Movie

Posted by Sandra on Monday, January 21, 2013. Filed under: , , ,

Well, I also got asked to post my thoughts about "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" movie.

The movie came out months ago in the USA, but I couldn't see it until mid-January because it took a while to premiere here in Mexico. I watched it twice and I absolutely LOVED it.

I am fully aware that there were some changes, but that is necessary when it comes to book adaptions and I think that nothing really important was left out of the movie. The fact that Stephen Chbosky wrote the script, directed and produced the movie made it 99.9% loyal to the book. 

One thing that disappointed me a bit, was the fact that the tunnel song was changed. I do love David Bowie but I was expecting "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. I think "Heroes" was a good choice and I really liked, YES, but I adore Fleetwood Mac, so that was the only let down for me. 

When it comes to acting, WOAH!! I was so surprised with Logan Lerman's performance. He did an outstanding job portraying Charlie. I'm a big fan but I wasn't sure he would be a good Charlie... Turns out I was wrong and he was excellent. He made me feel everything he was feeling, he made me think what he was thinking, just as if I was reading the book.

Another surprise was Ezra Miller... Damn that boy can act. I watched "We Need to Talk about Kevin" and he was terrific in it! He did an excellent Patrick, I wasn't expecting him to be so good. I didn't imagine Patrick to look like Ezra, but he shut my mouth with that acting.

And well, Emma Watson. No words needed. As a Potterhead I love her. I got super-duper excited when she was casted as Sam. She was flawless, her acting is so good and she played Sam amazingly!!! 

Another favourite of mine was Paul Rudd as Mr. Anderson. He is one of my fave characters in the book and I have a crush on Paul Rudd since forever, so this casting was perfect for me.

As you read, I found this casting GENIUS! I'm not used to be pleased with the cast of a book adaptation, so another reason to love the movie. It was as touching, overwhelming, deep and fun as the book. I left the movie theater in tears after watching it, and I can't wait to buy the DVD and watch it tons of times. Just perfect!!!

No Responses to Thoughts about "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Movie

Leave a Reply

HOLA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...