WOW... Sweet Evil

Posted by Sandra on Monday, January 14, 2013. Filed under: , , , ,

Title: Sweet Evil 
Series: The Sweet Trilogy, #1
Author: Wendy Higgins
Pages: 453
Published: 2012
Read In: 2013
Rating: 5/5

WOAHHHH... Feelings out of control!!

Sweet Evil is one of the best YA books I've ever read. So original, well written, with an amazing plot, great characters, and so relatable even though it's paranormal. I read this in less than 24 hours. 

The story was incredible. I never read the synopsis of this book before I read it, I was caught by that beautiful cover, so I never did expect angels. This was a refreshing approach to this heavenly creatures. The fact that there were dukes of sins and bad habits was a surprise, a good one. And the fact that their sons were a group of individuals called nephs with "obligations" and jobs. Their job is to be a bad influence for human beings, to corrupt them, and to never get attached to them. In this story, "conscience" or that little voice in our heads turns out to be angels and devils whispering things into our ears to influence on us. Wow. 

Anna was so amazing, it's been a long time since I could relate this much to a fictional character. She is smart, too innocent for me but really cute and nice, a bit insecure about herself, she is brave, kind and she believes that everyone deserve happiness. Personally, I think she was so brave when it came to decision making... Sometimes I did think "what are you doing", but I guess that's normal, she was such a delight to read about. 

Kaidan Oh Kaidan, my sweet, sexy Kai. I'm breathless. No words can explain how I loved this character. I know, I know... He's a bit of a jerk sometimes, but if you read the extra stories( Sweet Evil Extra 1 and Sweet Evil Extra 2 ) from his POV you could see why he acts like that, it like his nature. He's described as absolutely breathtaking, drop dead gorgeous, with great hair and body, an smoking hot musician who also happens to be british (that was the cherry this perfect cake). He had a though life. Even when he is rich, super attractive, a sex god and a musician, he feels empty, he has a void that, according to him, no one would ever be able to fill.. Until he met Anna. In his past, so many girls tried to change him, to make him fall in love, but he never did care about those things, until Anna came to the picture. 

The development of the characters was great, I loved reading about Kaidan, about Anna and about their torrid romance. He finally got to know what love was like, and their neph rules intervene, so basically Anna and Kai love each other, but can't be together, unless they want to die. Heartbreaking. The moments they shared were full of magic, mystery, love and lust, this was definitely my cup of tea.

The other characters were so cool, I really liked everyone. Jay was the sweetest guy, so real and understanding, he was amazing, you could see that he cared about Anna and that he had real emotions. Patti was also so sweet; too permissive to be a protective mom, but she was actually nice. Anna's dad was also a surprise, he has a genuinely good heart, and he loves Anna. The nephs were a shocker too, Marna was the best, I would love to be her friend, Ginger and Blake were really cool and Kopano, well he was nice but I didn't like him being in the picture... 

I loved absolutely everything about this book expect this: 

- Not enough Kaiden. Ha! There were some pages where I really missed him. I need more Kaiden in my life. 

- It wasn't long enough. I wish this book was eternal, because I couldn't put it down, it was so addicting, so good, so perfect. I'm seriously looking forward to "Sweet Peril"

So this is me, watching a new obsession blooming. "Sweet Evil" has become one of my favourite books ever. I have read it twice in 4 days, and I'm sure I will read it again soon. Kaiden is now one of my favourite fictional character crush, and Wendy Higgins one of my favourite authors. 

It was a romantic, intriguing, sexy and thrilling reading, full of emotions, feelings and excitement. Stop whatever you're doing and go read this!

No Responses to WOW... Sweet Evil

Leave a Reply

HOLA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...